Monday, August 9, 2010

Wishing for an endless summer.

At this very moment...
It has hit me that it's almost mid-August.  The season that I look forward to starting the moment it gets cold is almost over.  Every year, it comes and goes so fast; then winter drags on like an uninvited house guest.  I love summer because I get to wear shorts and tanks every single day.  Winter brings nothing but jackets, closed toe shoes, and a freezing car each morning.

College starts back in three weeks.  I'm trying to put it in the back of my mind and forget about it, but every hour, minute, and second brings it closer.  There's so much I haven't done this summer!  Because my fear of summer ending and not enjoying it to the fullest motivated me to spend the past two days at the lake.  After jetskiing all day, I was burnt to a crisp and my hair feels like straw...but it was so worth being on the water. 

Unlike this guy, at least my sunburn only has lifejacket tan lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment